This man has taken the idea of an underwater habitat to an entirely new level.
I love his designs, and his idea as a whole. I ask that you all drop by, and offer this man as much support and input as you can. I am looking forward to the outcome of his project more-so than my own! =D
Now, onto Ant-ture; As of last night, I believe all the ants have died. Oddly enough, not from living conditions or a design flaw. (Which I had expected.)
But because of RAGE. They apparently weren't very compatible; and that should've been apparent when the tube arrived with 10 ants ripped to shreds and dead.
This is NOT a bad thing, after-all. This was meant to be the first attempt. The second attempt is where everything will come together, and I'll actually uproot a real colony to implant inside a larger living quarters.
So, as of today, the first chapter of Project Ant-ture comes to a close. The second chapter is still quite a ways off, what with my limited funds.
But so far; two things I have learned.
1). Yes, they CAN survive underwater without any immediately noticeable negative effects.
2). I can re-use the pump for this model for the next, as I really doubt they'll need any extra air pressure. (In fact, I think it was starting to dry out the top 1/8th inch of the gel.)
I thank you all for supporting the endeavor, and I will do my best to rectify my mistakes for the second design!